Sauté the tomato, garlic and onion in a little oil. Add in the pork and cook until brown. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Add the jicama and mix. Season with fish sauce. Pour in the water. Cover and cook over medium low heat for about 10 minutes or until the jicama gets a little bit wilted and tender.
Should look like this after.
Add the sweet potatoes and carrots. Mix and cover again. Cook for about 3 minutes or until sweet potatoes are done but not mushy.
Lastly add in the cabbage. Just mix it in and turn off the heat once it gets wilted and bright green. Your filling is done. Allow this to cool a bit and let drip over a strainer.
Over an egg roll wrapper, lay a couple of lettuce leaves.
Put about 2 tbsp of filling over the lettuce.
Pull the right side of the wrapper over.
Gently tuck the bottom side of the wrapper up pulling in the filling to tighten then roll up. Wipe a little bit of water to the top edge.
Roll your lumpia up to seal.
All wrapped up. Lumpiang Sariwa or Fresh Spring Rolls / Egg Rolls are best served with some hoisin sauce drizzled on top and sprinkled with crushed fresh garlic and chopped nuts!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades